Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Horrible Things I Make/Love

CHILI-MAC

This goes all the way back to my US Army days.

It was ALWAYS an option at the chow hall, easy to make in the barracks and holy crap...you will be FULL.

This is one of those
things. There is absolutely NOTHING in this recipe that will take ANY SKILL except using a can opener. Seriously.

Ingredients:
1 box Mac and Cheese (I like the shells for this)
1 can Hormel chili(buy it how you like it)
couple of shakes of hot sauce or sriracha hot sauce
Grate in extra cheese if ya want.

Instructions:
1) Cook pasta. Drain and put back in bowl.
2) Open can of chili and open cheese.
3) Mix all.
4) Season with hot sauce and add more cheese.
5) EAT!

It may be that when I was in the Army I was a half a step($20) away from being on welfare, but there were nites when I would hang out in the barracks, kickin' it on AOL(yeah buddy!), maybe playing some Heroes of Might and Magic on our local net that, this was an awesome little meal.

I wonder how much flak I am going to catch for these posts. But you know what? Not everything has to be gourmet. Not everything has to be perfectly diced. Not everything has to be good for you. Sometimes it just has to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment