Monday, August 12, 2013

Sometimes I can't help buying things

I walk into grocery stores and I am astounded by what I find sometimes. Seasonings that I have never seen, juices I didn't know people drank, bricks of sugar, all that stuff. 

What I like to do when I find something completely fun is just buy it and dig in. Fun, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

So here is the DONA ISABEL HELADO.



The instructions sound like making Jello...with milk. Mix the package with a cup of milk, whip until doubled in volume and put it in the freezer. Super easy and if this gives me something tasty I am going to be even happier.



This nite I made a Halibut dinner because it looked the best at the fish store. Had some Sauteed Kale with dry chilis, Brown Rice and the Halibut Grenoboise. Tasty meal right? BUT HOW WAS OUR FANCY DESSERT?

Here you go.

It was tasty, but still pretty odd. Lucuma is a Peruvian fruit but if you look at the front of the box it was a blueberry. The fruit looks more like an avocado and a cantaloupe had a baby. There was a pleasant flavor but like nothing I have every tasted.

That was the whole point I guess. Finding a new flavor and igniting a pile of thoughts about food. Now I know there is a flour made from Lucuma and when you add Agar Agar you can make something cool.

I wonder what happens when you bake with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment