Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pet Peeves in the Kitchen?

Yeah I have a few.

Not saying BEHIND or something and just appearing like a Ninja out of the blue.
Everyone hates that, that was an easy one.

When someone says "Do you know how much we are charging for this?":
Yes I know how much we are charging but if you want more of product X on the plate...SAY THAT

Waiters that cant remember the basics of a dish.
I know I work with the food all day. Prep, Cook, Plate. I have to know what is in it. Waiters should have SOME grasp on the contents of dishes enough to not KILL someone in the dining room.

Shitty leaves from a previous cook.
It amazes me that the ones that most frequently complain about YOU not leaving the station very nice are the ones that leave you FLAT to start your day. To open the fridge only to RESTOCK everything, prep I am ok with, but if you can take your ass to the walk in and bring up what we have left so you can start the day....you are a dirt bag. The exception being that YOU are the person working that station the next day. You can always be a jerk to yourself.

There is SOOOO many. I really just wanted to write a little something and the state my head is in right now...this is all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment